Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) - pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, diagnosis and treatment

Human Immunodeficiency Virus

Pathogenesis

HIV-1 infected CD4 lymphocytes with the marker. CD4 lymphocytes are involved in cell-mediated immunity and the reduction also affects the activation of B cells This process causes the syndrome known as AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome), which then makes the patient susceptible to infections (opportunistic infections) that normal people are out to fight in this situation.

HIV can be transmitted through sexualContact, IV drug use, breastfeeding and needlestick injuries.

Clinical

Acute HIV infection leads to excite fever, fatigue, rash, headache, lymphadenopathy, pharyngitis, myalgia, GI, night sweats, aseptic meningitis, oral ulcers and tial. within days or weeks after exposure.

In the long asymptomatic period, the body produces antibodies to the virus in 3-4 weeks and occurs in a period without symptoms (up to 12 years), but HIV-1 RNA and antibodiesThe levels can be measured in this period. AIDS phase of HIV infection, immunodeficiency, high concentrations of virus infections result opportunisitic.

Physical examination:

Investigation of a patient with HIV, you want to change the weight, skin changes (signs of opportunistic infections), to seek a fever. Consider a weight loss of more than 10%. Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia is the most common cause of fever. Patients may have normal lung function, even withactive infection.

Want to check opportunistic infections such as sinusitis, oral thrus, CMV retinitis, toxoplasmosis, cryptococcal meningitis, Kaposi's sarcoma, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, molluscum contagiosum, and herpes zoster.

Diagnostics:

The following tests are used to diagnose HIV

1) ELISA (Enzyme Linked Immuno Assay) and Western Blot test.

A positive ELISA should be followed by a Western Blot test, whichreact with 2 / 3 different antigens. And 'inacurate in the first 3-4 weeks after exposure to HIV.

2) PVL (plasma viral load): This test can be seen already 11 days. And 'the stage of disease by determining the CD4 cell counts and PVL.

Treatment:

-For patients & asymptomatic and CD4 cell counts above 350/mm3, you should not treat the patient!

-For asymptomatic patients, but CD4 cell counts less than 350/mm3 or PVL increased (30k copies/mm3 of B-DNA or PCR copies/mm3 50K)Give patients anti-retroviral therapy.

-3 Types of drugs are used: NRTIs (nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor), PI (protease inhibitors), NNRTIs (nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors).

Scheme a total of three drugs: two NRTIs (zidovudine + didanosine or zidovudine + lamivudine) + 1 PI (indinavir), or an NNRTI (efavirenz)

For pregnant women, C-section and zidovudine therapy can reduce accidents in children. Children have a positive test (immunoglobulins cross the placenta)and should ziduvidine for at least 4-6 weeks with repeat tests every month to two negative tests.

Pet Hair Removal stage 4 lung cancer

1 comment:

  1. It was the first time my granddaughter came to me and confided about her battle with oral and genital herpes and her self destructive thoughts.
    A gaping vacuum of fear and love opened inside me. I knew what it felt like for her to be in such a situation. But after hearing how someone I loved so dearly struggled I have no option but to promise her help. I wanted to help in all possible ways. I sought counsels from an old and experienced nurse whom I've known to deal on natural herbs because I believed in nature. After hearing from me she smiled and before I could say another word she replied me there's cure but natural herbs. I don't care as long as my child is cured! I shouted. She told me about a doctor in Africa who has cured people of herpes. She gave me his email drutuherbalcure@gmail.com I contacted him for my child. I got the herbs I ordered from him. My granddaughter started medication and the next day she told me it's working and within four weeks she testified to me that she's cured! I've always believed that nature has cure for any diseases and I'm happy to tell everyone my child is cured.
    Six months later before she found love we went for another test to be sure and here is the result,
    Six months after medications;
    Her hsv1&2 test results;
    Igm - 1.49
    IgG - 0.36
    She don't have any symptoms again and has moved on happily and is now in a serious relationship with her fiancee

    ReplyDelete