Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Star anise - Stellar Swine Flu-Fighter


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Not many people know that when given the drug, Tamiflu (oseltamivir) for the swine flu, bird flu and seasonal influenza a very tasty product, decorative spices derived from star anise.

Star anise (Illicium verum) is a universal spice, grown mainly in China, India and the Philippines. E 'included in a variety of ethnic dishes and Chinese cuisine is part of five-spice powder and garam masala is Indian cuisine. Has a similarAnise-flavored routine and is often used as a substitute for the spice. But is the star-shaped pericarp (pod), rather than the seed that there is the taste that makes the shikimic acid - the chemical compound used in the production of Tamiflu.

Shikimic acid
The shikimic acid itself has no known antiviral activity. But there is a different chemical structure that is used as a starting point for a complex and multistage process, haveculminating in the production of Tamiflu.

Tamiflu
Oseltamivir is a neuraminidase inhibitor, which does not actually kill the swine flu or other viruses known to influence directly. In contrast, inhibits the internal dissemination of this virus by blocking a protein that facilitates the escape of the replication of viral particles from cells of the body. Although some strains have developed drug resistance is still very effective in most cases - especially when it is taken soonthe infectious process.

global shortage?
Following the growing pandemic of swine flu, there is now a global shortage of star anise. However, this is probably a temporary problem, such as shikimic acid is now determined by the fermentation of bacteria E. Articles are produced. Another less important vegetable source of shikimic acid is the fruit of Liquidambar (sweet gum) tree. But fruit trees Amber is not very high concentration of this compound. Among other spicesThe shikimic acid are, but are not used as commercial sources for the connection, ginger and fennel.

Other health benefits of star anise
Although shikimic acid has no direct antiviral effect, star anise contains a substance called linalool, which really has no antiviral activity. As with all spices, also has a strong antioxidant activity stars. Above all, protect against oxidation of fatty acids that help the deposition of cholesterol-containing depositsthe arterial walls. Limonene is an important phytonutrients anise that the strong anti-cancer found proved.

Star Lifesaver
star anise in a spice that you do not have that in addition to its ongoing development of our gustatory experience, which is a huge contribution to reducing still a potentially lethal disease.

Pet Hair Removal stage 4 lung cancer health care, Insurance,Mesothelioma

1 comment:


  1. I have been suffering from herpes disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the Internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Herpes and Cancer) by this Man DR LOSA and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to DR LOSA telling him about my herpes virus he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the doctor assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed from herpes, you can contact dr LOSA via email dr.losaherbalhome @gmail.com. sir I am indeed grateful for your help I will forever recommend you to the full world!!! with your lovely Email Address dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com or you can also call or WhatsApp him on his mobile number +2349056464736

    HE ALSO HAVE THIS CURE
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2}Diabetes
    {3}Epilepsy
    {4} Blood Cancer
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} Hepatitis B
    {8} COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    {9} IF YOU NEED YOUR EX LOVER BACK TO LOVE YOU AGAIN

    ReplyDelete