Sunday, November 29, 2009

Norwalk Virus Treatment and Prevention

Other common name (s): norovirus, tummy flu, calicivirus

Surname (s): Caliciviridae

What is Norwalk virus?

Norwalk virus is a very common cause of food poisoning, particularly in Japan. It works much the human gastrointestinal system. Viruses are often associated with shellfish harvested from sewage polluted waters. The norovirus occurs occasionally in many places in the world mainly cruiseShips, schools, kindergartens, restaurants and summer camps.

What are the symptoms of norovirus infection?

Symptoms of Norwalk virus in all age groups and include:

1. Stomach cramps

2. Nausea

3. Vomiting (abundant, without bloodshed, nonbilious)

4. Watery diarrhea

5. Low fever

6. Head or muscle aches

Symptoms usually within 1 to 3 days after exposure to the virus, and can contain up totwo days to several weeks.

How norovirus spread?

Norwalk virus is transmitted through the fecal-oral. These, only viruses from person to person and can be spread from animals that do not split.

Other common routes of infection are:

1. Shellfish harvested from water contaminated by sewage.

2. After establishing contact with objects or surfaces contaminated with norovirus and then putting his hand into his mouth.

3. Infected personsDo not wash their hands regularly especially before preparing or touching food, which could eat another person.

4. Ice or water that is contaminated by sewage.

Recurrent infections can occur through the life of different strains of Norovirus that the body of a person hard to do, has long lasting immunity.

How to diagnose Norwalk virus?

Several tests are available that can detect norovirus. Laboratory techniques, suchELISA (Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) and the method of RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction) is the method used for diagnosis.

How do you prevent the spread of Norwalk virus?

The best way to prevent the spread of Norwalk virus is through thorough hand washing after bathroom and before preparing or providing food for at least 15 seconds. In addition, plenty of rest and stay home until the symptoms of the Norwalk virus are gone.

OtherPreventive measures are:

1. People who already have a Norwalk virus infection should not prepare food for others.

2. Those who should not be ill with diarrhea or vomiting to work in kindergartens or health care facilities until these symptoms have ceased.

3. Discard or clean and disinfect surfaces contaminated with infected material or immediately after an incident with Norwalk virus infection at home.

4. Eat only thoroughly cookedCrustaceans. Avoid food and water in an unhealthy way, as a party and raw or cooked foods can be prepared.

5. Immediately clothing that may be contaminated with the Norwalk virus after an incident disease.

6. Avoid the handshake, if not necessary.

Treatment for infection with Norwalk virus

There is no antibiotic (Norwalk virus is not caused by bacteria) and antiviral agents that can kill or do with the Norwalk virus. Therestill no vaccine to prevent infection. Do not use antibiotics, because they tend to aggravate the disease. Getting rest and drinking plenty of water to avoid dehydration, it is recommended that for this type of disease. Dehydration is the most damaging effect which may vary from a norovirus infection. Doctors recommend drinking fruit juice that the additional nutrients found in the body, rather than drinking water. Avoid drinking milk, because it contains sugars that make it difficult to breakmore difficult to digest. The milk may lead to other gastrointestinal problems that cause, such as stomach cramps and diarrhea.

Some doctors recommend the following recipe for oral rehydration drinks can be bought in stores more convenient, and inexpensive to prepare:

One liter of water, there

- 8 teaspoons of table sugar

- 1 / 2 teaspoon salt

- 1 / 3 teaspoon of Lite salt (potassium chloride) and

- 1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder

Norwalk-type authorityVirus or norovirus can indeed be very dangerous and deadly if you're not on the measures of prevention. Remember, in order to ensure proper sanitation procedures and care as possible, not just an episode of illness. However, the treatment most popular in the medical community have is to drink plenty of fluids and replace electrolytes.

Now it is a cure for the Norwalk virus? Even if there were no vaccines, there is a cure. What could it be? Is to find for you to manage.

Banner Life Insurance

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetes,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancerBipolar Disorder, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Anal cancer.Appendix cancer.Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer.Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,OsteoporosisAlzheimer's disease,Brain cancer,Bunyavirus,Dementia.Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Fibroid,Norwalk virus,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, ..WhatsApp phone number+ 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete